Monday, January 16, 2006

Worshipping Edgar Cayce

Of late, The talk around the Northup Family Group E-Mail has centered around discussion of whether or not the celebrated Mystic, Edgar Cayce was an authentic Christian motivated by the Holy Spirit, or if Satan was using him to lead people astray. The most recent development was the claim by David Wilcock that he is the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce.

Mostly, the Christian leadership is claiming that anyone who believes in reincarnation can have no part with Christianity, but of course, Cayce himself wrestled with this apparent contradiction and read the Bible over at least once for every year of his life, in an effort to maintain a proper Biblical perspective. He came to the conclusion that Reincarnation in no way is contradictory to Bible Teaching, and was , in fact, right in line with his own beliefs on the subject.

Now, of late, many question the sincerity of anyone who can even consider the possibility that Edgar Cayce, or for that matter, David Wilcock, has a place in Christian Theology. It has been pointed out that Jesus Himself was a Mystic and did many things that were considered heretic by the Church Leaders of his own day. And, as a matter of fact, anyone today who would claim to be doing any of the same things that were done as a matter of course by Christ and His Apostles, and indeed by their followers in the early Christian Church, would be condemned by the Mainline Christian Churches, in spite of the fact that Christ Himself made the claim that: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.", which can be found in the 14th Chapter of John, Verse 12. And yet, these same Christian Leaders of the day claim Jesus Christ to be worthy of our Worship as being actually God Incarnate, a one third part of a Trinity God.

One has only to look to the very words of our Lord and Saviour to know that he claimed no such high station for himself. In John, Chapter 5, Beginning with Vs 30: "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true." and again in Chapter 8, beginning with Vs 28: "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am [he], and [that] I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him."

This does not sound to me like someone who is seeking his own Glory. Jesus gave all the Glory to The Father. I maintain that Edgar Cayce gave all the Glory to the Father, and he considered Jesus, the Christ to be "His Elder Brother". In fact, Paul, in the Letter to the Romans, made the following statement, beginning in Vs 16: "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together." And also in Galations: "And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." This seems to maintain that we are also Heirs to the Jewish Promise of being God's Chosen People. It should be abundantly clear why Edgar Cayce would consider Jesus to be His Elder Brother. In fact, Cayce claims the Promise of Living a Christ Life is for all Believers. Jesus was the Man, Christ is the attainable Goal for all Christians.

4 comments:

Beth said...

well said Rick!

Rick Northup said...

Well, I am glad to see at least one person is still reading the BLOGs. Maybe I should get back busy.

Anonymous said...

There's more than one who sees your site,
Your brothers in the fray.
I'm on here til' the moon is full, and on and off all day.
I like the fact you put Cayce here,
for then without delay.
Then bloggers here can share their views, while on the net foray.

Rick Northup said...

You Guys have really stirred me up, You're back from La-La Land.
It's good to see you back again
To give my BLOG a hand.