Thursday, June 30, 2005

Apocrypha WebSite

Earlier today, I mentioned the existence of the Teaching of the Twelve Apostles, Also called "The Didache". I have linked to this page on my <a href="Title" https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library/teaching-of-the-twelve-apostles-didache-11471</a>, but would also like to remind the Reader of the primary subject matter that I was reporting on, found in Chapter 7: "And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have no living water, baptize into other water; and if you cannot do so in cold water, do so in warm. But if you have neither, pour out water three times upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whoever else can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before. " I thought this was quite interesting, in that it supports the Catholic and Lutheran practice of sprinkling, to some extent.

2 comments:

Beth said...

the way I read it, it should be the one being baptized not the parents of that should fast

Rick Northup said...

Well, technically, as many as are involved should Fast, but particularly the one being baptised. I know of no faction that follows this practice today.